On 1 February 2024, starting at 9:00 am (live stream on video.juridice.ro/live) the Conference “A decade of modernity in the application of the Romanian Criminal Code and the Romanian Code of Criminal Procedure” will take place.
Under the coordination of Rodica Aida Popa (Judge at the High Court of Cassation and Justice, Criminal Chamber), the conference will include the following 6 panels:
1. “Consequences of the unconstitutionality of some provisions of the criminal codes, effects on the rules and jurisprudence in criminal matters”,
2. “Innovative legislative aspects in the Romanian Criminal Code”,
3. “Institutions of European criminal procedural law and novelties in ensuring a unified practice in criminal matters regulated in the Romanian Criminal Procedure Code”,
4. “European perspectives in the application of human rights and Community law in criminal matters”,
5. “Technologies in the Romanian criminal process – challenges and realities of the third millennium” and
6. “Projections of the young generation on institutions of the Criminal Code and the Criminal Procedure Code”.
Among the speakers we mention: Professor Ștefan Deaconu, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest, The Criminal Code and the Criminal Procedure Code in the Judgment of the Constitutional Court; Professor Ionuț-Bogdan Dima, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest, The Criminal Code Between the Quality of the Law and the Legislator’s Margin of Opportunity in the Jurisprudence of the Constitutional Court of Romania; Ph.D. Cristina Teodora Pop, Assistant Magistrate, Constitutional Court of Romania, The Right to Silence of the Witness in Criminal Proceedings, According to the Jurisprudence of the Constitutional Court; Lecturer Luminița Criștiu-Ninu, Faculty of Law, “Nicolae Titulescu” University of Bucharest, Judge of the High Court of Cassation and Justice, Criminal Chamber, Recidivism. From Old to New; Attorney-at-law Veronica Dobozi, Partner Stoica & Associates, Considerations Regarding the Personalization of the Complementary Punishment of Prohibition of the Medical Profession in the Context of the Offence of Bribe Taking; ProfessorMircea Damaschin, Faculty of Law, “Nicolae Titulescu” University of Bucharest: Probation in Criminal Proceedings: Records Obtained From Specific Activities of Information Gathering; Judge Ph.D. Mihail Udroiu, High Court of Cassation and Justice, Criminal Chamber, On the Need to Rethink the Application of the Rules of Exclusion of Evidence; Lecturer Laura Cristiana Spătaru-Negură, Faculty of Law, University “Nicolae Titulescu” of Bucharest, The Topicality of the Criminal Protection of Privacy Offered by Article 8 ECHR; Attorney-at-law Lamya Hărătău, Managing Partner Hărătău & Asociații: Some Views on the Individualization of Sentences From the Perspective of the Last 10 Years.
The full conference programme can be accessed at https://evenimente.juridice.ro/2024/02/un-deceniu-de-modernitate-in-aplicarea-codului-penal-si-codului-de-procedura-penala-constante-si-perspective-asupra-procesului-penal-roman-in-spatiul-juridic-european.