Lex ET Scientia International Journal - Economic Series
JOURNAL EDITORIAL POLICY
The objective of this editorial policy is to provide clear explanations and guidelines relating to the editorial terms and rules regarding the review process for the LESIJ.ES. All members of the international Editorial Review Board of LESIJ.ES are expected to familiarize themselves with the policies outlined and respectfully follow the rules and terms of the review process established for this journal.
Mission of LESIJ.ES
LESIJ.ES is an international journal which, by the quality of the published materials, has a particularly important informative role.
LESIJ.ES publishes original research papers, review articles, book reviews, case studies and announcements in the economic sciences field.
The journal contains both contributions of various personalities personnalities coming from the academic environment, researchers, consultants, businessmen, as well as of young researchers, candidates for doctor’s or master’s degrees and students in the economic sciences area, allowing them to access the international researches in the matter.
LESIJ.ES provides analyses and comments from all economic fields, promoting an interdisciplinary approach of the economic phenomenon and comparative researches.
LESIJ.ES offers a forum for discussion of topical questions relating to economic sciences.
Coverage of LESIJ.ES
Topics to be covered in this journal include (without limitation) the following:
- macroeconomic field: macroeconomic dimension of the contemporary economic issues, macroeconomic results, economic growth and sustainable development, macroeconomic disequilibria desequillibria and occupation and inflation policies, commercial policies, macroeconomic policies and integration;
- business administration field (entrepreneurship, organisational intelligence and competitive development, intellectual property, company management in multicultural context, management and control of quality, sustainable development).
- finance field: budgetary and fiscal policy, budgetary equilibrium and public debt, company finance;
- bank and capital market field: national and community policies and strategies in the financial-banking field, management of the financial-banking field, financial-banking marketing, management of the portfolio of titles;
- accounting field: accounting and audit, economic and financial analysis of the company;
- insurance field: management in insurance, Romanian and European legislation in insurance and reinsurance;
- commerce field: contemporary commerce, electronic commerce, business communication, business ethics;
- tourism field: current trends in tourism, ethics and sustainable development in tourism, eco-tourism, tourism marketing, strategies in the tertiary sector;
- marketing field: consumers’ behaviour, marketing strategy and tactics.
Upon the receipt of a manuscript for consideration, the Editor selects minimum two reviewers from the members of the international Editorial Review Board in order to review the submitted manuscript. The evaluation is confidential, the author’s identity not being known to the evaluating experts. Also, assignment of reviewers is based on the current reviewer assignment load and also on the number of manuscripts received throughout the year by each selected reviewer As members of the Editorial Review Board, reviewers are expected to evaluate the manuscripts sent to them in a timely and thorough manner. By providing constructive comments, even if the manuscript is not, in their opinion, publishable, the reviewers are doing a service to their colleagues. It is a confidential double blind peer review. Thus, the paper is evaluated by two experts, these ones not knowing the author’s identity. Also, the author doesn’t know the identity of the reviewers. The reviewer may waive this anonymity by affixing his/her name to the reviewer evaluation form.
To ensure the high quality of the published material, LESIJ.ES uses a group of experts to review the submitted manuscripts. All submissions for LESIJ.ES will be received electronically. Upon the Editor receipt of the manuscript, a copy of the manuscript, along with a “Manuscript Evaluation Form,” will be sent to each selected reviewer for the manuscript. The journal’s “Guidelines for Manuscript Submissions” clearly state that the authors should not include any reference to their names or affiliations in the main body of the manuscript, and every effort will be made by the Editor to make sure that no such reference is made in the manuscript prior to its forwarding to the reviewers. However, it is also the responsibility of the reviewer to notify the Editor should any reference to the authors’ names be found in the main body of the manuscript.
(Note: should the reviewer feel that he/she is familiar with the identity of the authors of the submitted work, he/she must notify the Editor regarding his/her concerns to make sure that the integrity of the double-blind peer review process is not compromised).
Members of the international Editorial Review Board of LESIJ.ES are expected to review 6-8 manuscripts a year. Reviewers must return their reviews to the Editor, electronically, 2-4 weeks since the date the manuscript has been received by the reviewer. Reviews should be extensive and constructive, and reviewers should avoid making any derogatory and unprofessional comments such as “my kids write better than this….” If, in the opinion of the reviewer, the manuscript is not publishable, the reviewer must make every attempt to provide extensive comments/feedback in regard to why the paper is not acceptable and to provide the authors with constructive directions. This is a professional service that we all provide to our colleagues in the hope of improving the overall quality of work in our discipline. All appropriate comments received are forwarded to the authors without revealing the reviewer’s identity since this is a double-blind peer review process.
LESIJ.ES invites the members of the academic world to send book reviews of professional treaties, academic courses or monographs from Romania or from abroad.
The rules of a book review are as follows:
• book reviews must not exceed 1,500 words;
• reviews should summarize the book and indicate the highlights, strengths, and weaknesses of the book;
• reviews should evaluate the implications of the paper relevant to the areas of the economic field approached by the author;
• reviews should critique and constructively evaluate the authors’ work and not merely list the chapters’ contents;
• the writing style, accuracy, relevance, and the need for such a work in the discipline should be analyzed;
• reviews must include the title of the book, author, publishing company, publication date, number of pages, cost (if listed);
• each submission must be accompanied by a short biography of the reviewer.
BDI indexing (international databases)
LESIJ.ES is indexed by EBSCOhost, respectively DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals).
LESIJ.ES is an official publication of the “Nicolae Titulescu” University. Please take the time to visit the Web site at www.univnt.ro to apply for membership.
Maria Grigore, Associated Editor for LESIJ.ES